Welcome to the first photographically recorded works of art that I have. These are my first real efforts to do realistic portraits, and at the time, I thought I was pretty darn fly.
This one was copied from a delias magazine - sometime in middle school:
Another middle school one - this one was done in the car, on one of those 12 hour car trips from a small clothing tag with Napoleon Dynamite's face on it. I would congratulate myself on such a stunning likeness, but he's so distinctive, it wasn't a hard one to achieve :)
At my lovely Aunt Kris' house, there was this adorable kid on the fridge. This is one of my earliest where I was able to get a likeness that I was satisfied with. Clearly, vacation ended before I could give poor little Haley a body...
In a nifty bonding period with my brother, I became quite fond of Green day (a fondness that has lessened over time), but again, it was satisfying to achieve a likeness. I think this was 9th grade.
Duh duh DUHHHHH (I hope Anne doesn't mind that I'm posting this - but it was my first portrait of a person I actually knew - one that the subject was completely aware that the artwork was being created. The scan turned out pretty sucky because this is pre-scanner, so I was using a school, black/white with limited mid-tone capabilities.
This was done in 11th grade during my American History class - taught, ironically, by a cute old British man in a tweed jacket, who sometimes made british jokes that none of us really understood. I loved him anyway, and along with my notes and doodles, scribbled the funny little things he'd say that sounded especially British.

And, just to give you a sneak peak for next post: Me, and the discovery of fanart... (ominous drums for real this time)

And, as a side note, if you have an idea for a better name for this blog, by all means tell me, because frankly its just one I slapped up until I can scrape a more clever one together.





No comments:
Post a Comment