The exhibit was centered around this video:
And I think it's gorgeous.
His personal site can be found here...
...and the Conte Animated site.
Both are definitely worth a look.
In the mean time, take a look at his figure drawings!
I love how even with the lightest, broad stroaks of conte he can give so much anatomical information - and how he knows exactly how to stretch a figure and maintain a very real sense of form and weight -
Sort of scary in the face department, but how creative - take a figure, and bend it to fill a space - that takes some serious practice and knowledge...
I love how gestures can exaggerate and give the human form so much more life and movement. Looking at the entire figure, its clear what the gesture is, but when ou look closely, how many of those shapes are more than quick, well placed, suggestive lines?
Exaggerated, but charming (p.s. sorry to those unaccustomed to nekkids)
And just fun - I'd love to know what goes on in his head as he creates some of these crazy characters from your average model...
I wish I could have taken a picture of every single drawing in the exhibit - there were dozens all around the walls, and each one was completely beautiful (Also, sorry about the gushing. Art does this to me).
Seeing this show made me so excited for my next figure drawing class - because even though I probably wont be stretching people into funny shapes or giving them elf hats any time soon - I can pick out techniques and elements of his design and use them to make my own figures stronger.
Which could only be a good thing.





I love these soo much!
ReplyDelete