Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Art at LHS


Welcome to Art at Liberty High School, home of the fluffy white Patriots.

I can't remember WHY we did this, but i do recall the excitement of trying to figure out a new medium (acrylics)

This was done on...i want to call it 'scratch paper', where you use little metal tools to scratch off the black and reveal the white underneath. The first two are CD cover designs for a fake band - i seemed to be going through a Calvin and Hobbes phase, because the band is called "Cabbes" and the album "Transmographer." The second is a mythical creature that I made up. I sometimes did this because it made me feel creative and impressed my classmates - or whoever was peering over my shoulder. The third is a scratching of a word picture...pineapple...bonus points to those who get it.



Don't give me too much credit for this. it was a homework assignment I put off to draw a room in my house. Because after trying for a little while I couldn't seem to get it right, I took a picture, put it on the computer, edited it so only the outline of my bathroom remained and printed it off... I did color it, though...I have since stopped cheating in art classes.

Pointillism. You kind of have to love it. We had to create a picture using only circles. I think I did it in pencil first, then went back and re-did it with dots.



And then, the magnificent happened, and after two whole years of suffering, Rachel escaped LHS and headed for the greener academic pastures of Bellevue Community College.

No comments:

Post a Comment