Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Church/Petsmart Sketchbook

These first two are drawings done in a little drawing journal during church fall '09. apparently I was feeling a bit surreal...





The following pictures, in no particular order, are a few from a sketchbook that my lovely co-workers of PetSmart got me on my last day. As a thank you to their unfailing support, generosity, and general awesomeness, I've been keeping this sketchbook for them. I'm only about half way through so far, but its nice to have a place to just sketch - no grades, no judgements, just for a bunch of lovely friends who care!


I was pretty busy fall semester...which is why this sketchbook turned out to be a life saver. It kept me sane doing occasional, fun, no pressure art between epic projects of doom.



I missed Mollie pretty much immediately, but that's nothing new...


Potential t-shirt designs for our epic Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt1 outing...




At this point, i was getting more proficient in DT face action. Looser feel, while still looking like him.



This is what i mean by man of a thousand faces. Each of these is clearly David Tennant (except the scribble, probably), but they each look completely different.




This one is my favorite...so you get to look at it...bigger :)




And then, some sketches were just random...no meaning, no reference to my life or interests...just sketches...






for some reason, whenever I write missionaries, i feel the need to include a drawing of a dinosaur - pterodactyls and t-rex variety mostly, but earlier this week i sent of a pretty cool stegosaurus, and a REALLY COOL stegosaurus-rex.






Some fanart....




...and some more dinosaurs.



...those are some of the highlights of my PetSmart Sketchbook thus far - further installments will be made as i keep chipping away at it this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment