Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fall 2009 - Sketchbook

My first semester at BYU, I took a class from a truly magnificent lady, Bethanne Anderson, who I will more than likely blog about once I get up to date :)

This class was a sketchbook class, where twice a week we took a field trip just to go draw. It was really a neat experience, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat (except as its a late afternoon class, I wouldn't take an 8am class at the same time - it did dampen the fun a bit...)

There are other drawings I don't have pictures for, but here you can see just a smattering:

This from the greenhouses on campus:


This one was from the balcony over the swimming pools, these girls were walking like ducks and I thought it made for a funny gesture:


We went to one of those antique-type stores where everything looks one-of-a-kind and ornate. The lady looks like it was done from a statue, but it was actually from a small painting. The little cherub man was from a staute.


The Bean Museum is a magical place, where animals hold still in interesting poses so you can draw them :)




This was not from anything in the Bean Museum...this was in my head.


Drawing of Mollie playing tug-of-war from a photo. We were in a Harley Davidson shop and I wasn't in the mood to draw motorcycles.


Nordstrom has beautiful items. Useless, perhaps. Overpriced, definitely. But pretty? Yah.





Dog statue wearing a hat...in Nordstroms...odd.


Now we get into the realm of 'personal art' or at least my sketches that weren't for my class...

Studying with my friend in the library...after 4 hours of studying, I got bored, and he was holding relatively still!


Family finance did wonders for my sketchbook...that class was ridiculously difficult to engage in.


In case we don't know what's happening: the little boy thinks its funny to imitate his teacher...who is not amused, and now he's in a spot of trouble :)


Thumbprint animals. Fun and simple.



Got tired of cutesy, apparently, and went for scary monsters....



I love his gross toes. and his pokey knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment