And the end of both of my newsprint pads...and time to update!
Intermediate drawing:
gestures
This is from another day where Bethanne had other obligations - so the 5-8 of us who bothered to show up had a marvy old time chatting with the model. Nate, who was sitting next to me, had drawn her in such a way that she looked quite dead. so he drew a sword sticking out of her and some fancy intense drapery. It turned out rather impressively.
20 minute study... I wasn't in the mood to draw after that...so I stopped.
This one was an hour study.
Another hour study...I think. Maybe it was longer? Anyway this model was amazing.
VAILL 131:
We had a model who was totes NOT white. Also, there's a kid in our class who is also NOT white. Is it terrible that I felt significatly awesome being in the same room with roughly half of the black population of BYU?
She also had fantabulous hair.
40 minute study, I think...
She fell asleep - and I pulled an epic fail with their face.
This model was...not enjoyable. You will see this by the suck-tastic drawings I did.
MEGA-SUCKAGE!
ULTRA SUCKAGE!
MEGA-ULTRA-SUPA-SUCKAGE!
You don't get to see the last drawing, because I gave up half-way through. SHE WOULD NOT STOP MOVING. And I don't mean little moving. I mean like kicking her leg, bending and twisting and all manner of things CONSTANTLY. As in without ceasing.
Our next model, however, was PHENOMENAL. Came in, did her job, stayed the heck still in magnificent poses. I was a fan.
I'm still working on dealing with interpreting shadow. It's tricky business.
our last 15-min pose - we were all talking and laughing pretty enthusiastically, so I didn't get much of a finished quality to it.
BUT! I feel like I'm improving and I'm only going to get better. I totes love figure drawing.
SOo with you! Love ALL of the pictures!
ReplyDelete