Friday, October 14, 2011

I did it! I really really did it!

This week was hard. And crazy. So when thursday rolled around, the idea of going to class made me slightly nauseous.

But, even though the teacher wouldn't be there, and we were basically left to our own devices, I decided to go.

We played a pandora station with classic rock from the 60's on,  and laughed a lot. After a plethora of sad, ugly gestures, we got to some sustained poses. These next two are 30 minute poses, I think.




These are from the previous class, where we were practicing using bony landmarks to get correct proportions and stuff.






The next two are from VAILL 131 - Barksdale's class.

For the first time we had actual direct lighting - which I appreciate his emphasis on construction and making a convincing figure, but I like me some shadows.

 

He told me I was timid with the shadows, so I came back on thursday with darker conte and some very useful shadow advice from my super-talented classmate of awesomeness, Miranda Meeks.


...timid. I think not.


He still thought so, so we'll see where i go with this whole shadow action majig.

That night, although I should  have gone to bed, I needed some recreational drawing.

So Merlin happened.


...Shall I count the ways I love thy face?

(...because I totally can)

1 comment:

  1. Haha Rachel you make me feel like a cool person. Sweet drawings!!

    ReplyDelete