Thursday, September 29, 2011

I can't fight this feeing longer!

Ok, so i've become a bit blog-obsessed.

Or, I've become art obsessed (again --- yes!) and want to share it with you. And document it for myself. So, this particular blog is getting its third post of the week -- on Friday, I'll make it four.

Being an art major is the shiz.

Anyway, Arielle and I, who now both have cool art homework, get to have fun skype-fests and do exactly what we do when we hang out in real life -- sit there (mostly in quiet) and draw stuff. Homework or fandom related, it's always good.

So, last night, we enjoyed a particularly fun session, in which i decided to draw some real Merlin stuff, and not bones and not just sketches.

So, here it is:



I need to play with it a bit more --- Arthur's facial shadows aren't jiving. But, still. I enjoyed it. I used this fancy composite picture from two different screenshots (for respective desired facial expressions)



Arthur's head ended up being bigger than the original picture, but I think I like it that way...

Anyway, that's what I got up to Wednesday night -- Stay tuned Friday for the last few days of VAILL 131 and a whole month of intermediate figure drawing!

2 comments:

  1. You're so AMAZING! I love your drawing of the dude's face on the left. Very good eyes that bring out much emotion.

    ReplyDelete