Sunday, October 7, 2012

...I got better

*THERE WILL BE ACTUAL ART OF SOME QUALITY AT THE END OF THIS POST. THE BAD STUFF IS JUST HERE TO PROVE MY POINT.

A long long time ago - Christmas 2007 thereabouts - my wonderful parents assisted me in acquiring a drawing tablet and Painter X (like photoshop, but different).

I'm not proud of what happened next.

See this post for a reminder.

But here's the cliffnotes just in case...


FAIL!Anatomy aside...it's a little bit painful. And those are the best of them.

A year later, things were looking slightly better...


 

And then I came to BYU and really didn't do much digitally Really i just did line art and colored it in like a coloring book. Even when I got LEFANCYMACBOOKPRO.

Because I'm not a failure fan, and I knew what experimentation would ultimately lead to...

FAILURE.

So I practiced on paper. I developed traditional skills and actual knowledge on anatomy.

And this semester, I've been juggling digital art between other projects.


Ok so it's Supernatural fanart.


But I don't think that that makes it less of a significant improvement.



BAM. I mean look at that.

OH and this is what i just did for class --- BEWARE THERE BE NEKKIDS AND TIGERS AHEAD.





For this project we had to pic a digital illustrator that we liked, and copy one of their pieces.

This is Andrew Theophilopoulos (his is on the RIGHT, mine on the LEFT)

Anyway, point is, I'm getting better.


yeahhh...decidedly better. Amazing what nearly 5 years and an education will do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! About all I can say is Wow! You are really getting good at this art thing =) I still like your cloud haired woman walking the earth and I still like your self portraits - both the sick in bed one and you 'dance' one. I think you should stick with it and continuing building your skills...instead of quitting and starting a pancave!

    ReplyDelete