We've been recieving assignments to complete in our sketchbook since the beginning of the semester. There have been, perhaps 2 or three times over the last two months when time was technically available to have done it - or started it, or made some very little progress.
But those usually fall on fridays...and fridays are sacred - and by sacred, I mean I'm too wiped out from the week to do anything. And i'm not talking about don't feel like it sort of thing, I mean I just couldn't.
So, the weekend before the due date (last weekend) I had myself a little party. I didn't leave the house all Saturday. Or Sunday...and only for classes on Monday. Sleep and i didn't spend a whole ton of time together, but by golly - I got'r'done!
So these are just the rest of the master copies and also the three sustained out of class drawings (2+hrs each...ish) - and a few other drawings from class that havent' made it up yet.
First of the sustained is my self portrait...which appears to have an oddly thick neck and any resemblance is complete luck. Because I was tired. Very tired.
Sustained - again, I'm having face!fails lately. Which is odd, because I used to be rather good at them. If he looks like he is being eaten by my couce, that is because he most definitely is.
And I sat in on another figure drawing class to get this one... This kid was ridiculously skinny.
Nupastel on strathmore...i don't know if i like it, because you have to lay everything down perfectly or you'll have the really ugly sort-of-but-not-really-erased look.
And the rest of the master copies...
Arthur Rackham:
John Singer Sargent:
J.C. Leyendecker:
Coby Whitmore:
(i didn't get the face quite right...which is why she looks creepy and stoned rather than alluring)
Dean Cornwell:
Thomas Wilmer Dewing:
George de la Tour
Another Sargent:
A man whose name i have forgotten and am too lazy to look up:
Another one of those guys:
Annnyway. Yar. That be ma life last weekend. Along with the 3 sustained drawings, 15 pages of master copies, I also did 10 pages of form figures, 10 pages of hands, and 5 of feet.
In one weekend.
You have my permission to be impressed.
Goodness girl! I am impressed! I love ALL the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteYou really are pretty fabulous! And it looks like you've been going to class because you just keep getting better and better! I really like the Master copies, especially the J.C. Leyendecker piece =) Love you bunches and am proud of you!
ReplyDelete