Part One: BC
Once upon a time, I decided high school was not all it was cracked up to be, so I made my merry way over to Bellevue College (or BC) for the last two years of high school, where I met my bestest-British-loving-mate, Arielle.
Part Two: BBC
Once upon a time a little bit later, Arielle and I realized that we loved British television, and that it was entirely possible that we'd never be capable of loving anyone except old (I say "old," I mean 40ish) British actors like David Tennant, Hugh Laurie, Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ioan Gruffudd, the list goes on...
Also that in general, they (the Beeb) made quality entertainment. Even if they have the same pool of 20 actors that they use for all their tv shows, movies, shakespeare interpretations, yada yada.
We love the BBC
Part Three: The BBBC
BASH
BOREDOM
BE
CREATIVE
I mentioned this briefly in my last post (we didn't have a name yet).
Basically, we give each other weekly assignments in order to keep us doing our own creative work (writing, art, etc...) going, and more than just snippets or rough sketches - real finished work!
The challenge I recieved this week was:
"Use two colors opposite each other on the color wheel, and the idea of children and stimulated disorder. And dogs :)"
Well, i forgot about the whole color wheel thing - which is a shame, because i was totally owning this assignment until i sat down to watercolor it...
Anyway, I enjoyed designing and drawing it, but wish i could/would have spent more time planning the coloring.
I may re-design it using the same concept but just ink it instead. Ah, well, the possibilities are endless!
Click here for Arielle's first BBBC assignment/response!
Also, I'd like to thank those who I live with. Mostly because this...
...is how I work.
I like commandeering public spaces. I'm really good at it. That's my art cave. Has been all year. Occasionally I clean up (throw stuff in the corner) and others get to use the space they pay rent for...sometimes...
One day, I'll have my own studio :)
Or a well ventilated closet with child locks....
so, don't worry i realize you don't know me, i totally wish i was talented as you. but here's the good news: you blog and i can read it and still see cool art. thanks for that :)
ReplyDeleteLove the dog! love the squirrel. Love the tree. Love you! Thanks for sharing =)
ReplyDeleteMom: I love you too!
ReplyDeleteRachel: 1. Good name 2. I'm glad you enjoy it :)
Oh yay yay! The BBBC rocks on! :) I LOVE this painting so much. Also you DID use tow opposite colors. Red collar, green grass. Therefore, win! :)
ReplyDelete