Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sometimes, I'm even useful!

Mom asked (commanded...very nicely) me to draw a cover for the Girl's Camp, ahem, Young Women's Camp cook book.

And this is what she got:


BAM.

In other news...

TWO DAYS until the REST OF THE WORLD is lining up to see HARRY POTTER 7 PART 2.

I will not.

I will be on an airplane.

I draw a small amount of comfort from the fact that it's physically impossible to view a midnight showing in a theatre while in an airplane...it's not like I'm being lazy.


[no worries, Kylie, I'll be wearing that awesome shirt on the plane]


So, in a completely understandable and non-dramatic state of sadness, I've decided that if I can't see the last Harry Potter film at midnight, I might as well just put off seeing it as long as possible.

That way my childhood can live on.

I'm thinking a year? That way I can watch it with my homies for the first time. Twenty-one is a good time to be officially done with childhood, right? [except for secret childish activity binges]

Dramatic?...perhaps.

Am I going to follow through with this?...Well, considering the decision itself is based in non-action, I feel strangely confident. I haven't even watched the trailer. [note: probably because I'm afraid if I see the trailer, I will not be able to physically stop myself from getting off the plane in DC and heading straight to the theatre for the 3am showing...Also because I heard it was tear-inducing, and you need to save those sort of masochistic activities for when you really need a good sob.]

Anyway! To all those who will be seeing HP at midnight - Have a MAGICAL time. We'll have to compare notes in a year!

2 comments:

  1. WHAT?! You are not going to wait that long! You can't! But if you do...I'll still love you. And I'm glad you got your shirt. Wear it with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cook book cover. I also am slightly dubious as to your ability to wait to see the movie... however, I know that you have incredible will power when you want to.
    Also, I resent a little that you did not mention WHERE you were going or WHO you got to see... just that you were going to be on some "airplane".
    One more sleep till you come!

    ReplyDelete